Richmond Amateur Radio Club’s 2020 VE Schedule
RARC offers VE Testing Sessions on the second Saturday of odd months except June to cover Field Day instead of July. Unless changed in the note field, all testing is at:
Chesterfield Library Bon Air Branch
9103 Rattlesnake Rd
North Chesterfield, VA 23235
|January 14 2023||10:00:00 AM|
|March 11 2023||10:00:00 AM|
|May 13 2023||10:00:00 AM|
|June 24 2023||02:00:00 PM||Laurel Park 10301 Hungary Springs Rd Glen Allen, VA 23230|
|September 9 2023||10:00:00 AM|
|November 11 2022||10:00:00 AM|
|January 13 2024||10:00:00 AM|
- Volunteer Examiners give exams on the second Saturday of all odd months except July.
- The current testing fee is $0 (zero, zip, nothing because the Laurel VEC does not charge for supplies and processing).
- You will need
- pen or pencil
- photo ID
- FRN from the FCC*
- calculator if you think you’ll need one (you cannot use your phone or any calculating device with stored info in it or lookup capability)
- Walk-ins are always welcome. Pre-registration is preferred. Fill out form 605 –NCVEC Form 605_2018_Interactive – and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preregistration is required for special needs applicants so we have examiners prepared.
The most up to date information is found at laurelvec.com’s section for RARC
* If you do not have a license (taking the Tech exam) you are required by the Federal Government to have a FRN. You can sign up for an FRN on the FCC website. Do a search for “FCC FRN” and that will give you a link to the FCC site.
Want to find other exam times and locations? Click here, enter the date range and search for “virginia.” There are often exams in Tidewater and northern Virginia.
Allan Johnson, WA3J, is Chief Examiner. Contact him at email@example.com.